For Beginners: Investing On The Right Kitchenware
You are munching food at your favorite burger restaurants Melbourne and suddenly you realized that you want to give cooking a shot. If this is you, then you should know that the first step is to have the right tools and equipment for your kitchen.
Your kitchen, just like any other part of your home, must be well-organized. Indeed, your kitchen is a workspace that should clean and cleared out of any clutter to enable for food preparation and cooking. Like any workspace, it should be spacious, as well as provide an environment that would allow you to prepare meals, regardless if it is a simple home-cooked dinner with your family or a feast for your family and friends over the holidays. And just like a workshop in your home’s garage, your kitchen should have all the necessary tools to bring out the chef in you.
Indeed, your kitchenware is vital in helping you bake, fry, stew, or basically do whatever meal you would like to prepare. Obviously, there are kitchenware that are considered staple tools for cooking, while there are items that, when used, provide a different yet easier way to prepare food. Without any of these gadgets in your kitchen, the whole place may be deemed incomplete.
Thus, here is a list of some of the popular kitchenware that your family and every household should have:
- Knife set. Of course, you can’t possibly include your aromatics (i.e. garlic, onion) in your preparations without chopping them, right? It is good that you have a set of knives to serve many purposes, just like the ones they use at burger restaurants Melbourne. There are obviously the plain edge knives and the serrated edge knives. A paring knife is also important when peeling off the skin of vegetables or fruits. In fact, you only need three—serrated, paring, and a long chef’s knife—although you can go for a knife set that can be placed in a butcher block knife holder.
- Kitchen bowls. Mainly used for mixing, bowls made of stainless steel are versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes. A three-piece set of mixing bowls is good enough, especially if they can be stacked against each other to save space when kept.
- Measuring cups and spoons. Measurements are vital when preparing food, especially when you deal with dry ingredients and liquids. In this regard, you need a set of measuring spoons and cups that, like mixing bowls, can be stacked against each other to help save space when kept. Your kitchen should have a set of measuring spoons and two sets of measuring cups. The first set should be used to measure liquids, while the second set have handles and are used to measure dry ingredients.
- Obviously, you need utensils such as skillets and saucepans to bring stews to a boil, fry foods in hot oil, and basically any method of cooking. They come in different sizes and types (i.e. non-stick ones, stainless steel ones).
- Other kitchen utensils. Made of plastic, stainless steel, or wood, these utensils include the rolling pin that is used for baking, wooden spoons for mixing stews, wire whisk to beat eggs, small mallet to flatten meat, and spatulas.
- Baking ware. If you are into baking, then your kitchen definitely needs kitchenware for that cooking method. You need to have baking dishes made of glass, a pizza pan, baking sheets, and a baking pan.
These are just some of the kitchenware that you and any other household should have. There are many others not mentioned in the list above, but these are just some of the essentials that would help make your cooking preparations easier.